Monday, April 12, 2010

A new pattern and a kitten name update

Here's a new sampler I've been working on stitching this week. I need a few more days to get 'er done, but it's turning out REALLY cool. It was inspired by the Alice in Wonderland movie, sort of. The colors are gorgeous, and I'll post a picture of the stitched piece when it's finished. I'm calling it "The Magic Garden Sampler." I hope you like it. It will be released sometime in the next few weeks.

And I have a kitten name update -- Steve decided yesterday morning that our new little kitten is "Ruby." It suits her so well. She's very affectionate and playful, and so brave and friendly. Thanks to everyone for name suggestions. What a community effort!

The weather here has been gorgeous. Steve, Graham and I went to the Hattiesburg Zoo yesterday (the MOST fun you can have for $2.00, I declare.) It's not a huge zoo, but it's got lots of pretty foliage, and some neat animals. The most amazing thing was the alligator pond. It was FULL of tadpoles just getting ready to start growing their legs to become frogs. They were about the size of golf balls, and there were probably a few hundred of them. We also got to hear the Kookaburra, and just to show how universally-understood that little bird is, the little three-year-old boy next to us said, "Mom, he's laughing!" Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh!

12 comments:

Siobhán said...

I like it! I can't wait to see the actual model.

Ruby sounds as adorable as her name. :)

Nancy said...

This looks like it will be a pretty sampler - love all the colors!

Unknown said...

Pretty sampler, can't wait to see the colors on the stitched piece. I have not stitched a Shakespeare's Peddler design before, but this looks like a good one to start with. ;)

Megan Chamberlain said...

This looks like a lovely sampler. I also have not stitched one of youe designs yet as I only recently found you but it looks like a good one to start with. I love your kitty's new name, she is adorable.

Sharon said...

Love the colors on this!

Colleen said...

I love it. Can't wait for the 'real' thing. I love the colors.

Ruby is a sweetheart.

I'm in stitches,
Colleen

Stitching Cat said...

Ruby is adorable! The garden sampler looks interesting too. Enjoy your newest little bundle of fur - they do grow up quickly!

Kiwiflowa said...

Ruby - how sweet!

I love the new design already... I have ordered the latest Jenny Bean Sampler... I can't keep up!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Looks like a fun piece!!

Tanya

marylin & poussy said...

It is really very attractive!
Best regards of marylin and poussy France

Jennifer Jones said...

Hey Chickie!
Beautiful sampler! I think I am drawn to the colors. I also love the name Ruby. Sweet and girlie.

The word verification below says demis. When I looked fast I thought it said penis!

marylin & poussy said...

To see you all smiling it is only of the happiness!
Best regards of France