Thursday, September 16, 2010

Just for you guys...

I finished working on this last night, and as a treat to my loyal blog followers, you guys get to see it first. This is "Sampler Roundy," and it is being released as a graph AND a limited edition kit at market. I was just going to do the alphabet in a circle, kind of clock fashion, but then started moving letters around, and my Boggle mind (no one will play with me, the master), started seeing words. If you like word puzzles, or know someone who does, wouldn't this be fun to put on a desk?

The kit will come with the antique reproduction brass button and the limited edition threads (in a round tin.) I am not including fabric -- everyone likes a different count or type (I stitched mine on 32 count Vintage Meadow Rue by Lakeside Linens, but you could use Aida, evenweave, hand-dyed, make it small...bigger...whatever!) Both the graph and the kit will come with instructions on how to make this pincushion base (that cost me maybe five dollars all told) and finish it into the pincushion you see here. I used three different-sized round plaques from Hobby Lobby, some Arlene's Tacky Glue, some paint, and a little rick rack. Oh, and adhesive cork for the bottom, so as not to scratch any of my already-scratched furniture.

This sort of reminds me of a cake stand, and was a really fun little project. Plus, I am super-pleased with how it came out. Ask your shop to pick these up at market. I'm only making around 250 of the kits. You can also pre-order the kit or graph through me.

14 comments:

Neila said...

I really really like that, Theresa!

Edy said...

Adorable -- need to get that chart!

stitchenmylifeaway said...

Too cute. Grabbed me just like the zinc jar lid.
Looking forward to it.
Shay

Natasha said...

I REALLY like this. I love playing Boggle, but I always get beat by my MIL LOL This would be great for her.

Tedra said...

Very cute Theresa! wonderful style and colors! will look forward to this kit!

Julianne said...

Super! I love the words you chose to highlight.

Faye said...

Oh Lordy~~ I just have finished Jenny Bean's Pin Tuffet!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one too...Thanks so much Theresa for all the beautiful designs~~~

Faye

Danielle said...

I let out a gasp when I opened the blog post. I LOVE this!! I am off to send you an e-mail now to preorder it from you.

Cathi said...

That is fabulous!!

mainely stitching said...

Love it, Theresa!! :D

Sherry :o) said...

to market, to market - love your market prep work!!

Jeanne said...

Outstanding Theresa! This is a definite 'must have'...just trying to figure out how to fit in d-o-g. :-) Great creative finishing!

Kielrain said...

I really love this one. It's so going on my need-to-get-this list.

Theresa said...

This one has already been so popular -- I'll see if I can put another one together for next market and put a doggie in there for all you dog lovers.