I thought it would be fun to show you the Sarah Woodham Sampler as it is and as it was. On top, you can see the reproduction. The colors are vibrant and clear, and of course all missing stitches are filled in. Below is the same section of the original sampler. You can see some of the holes that are in the original (remember, this one is from 1770!) I had to fill in a lot of stitches on the whole sampler, where they were just missing entirely. You can see the central flower had been outlined with a charcoal grey, but on the original, this is almost gone/invisible.
I absolutely love the colors in this one. And those rabbits (or whatever they are there by the flowers) simply knock me out. I am done with the graphing, now, and will be printing graphs today at the shop. The covers will have to wait until I get the reproduction put in the frame. Needless to say, it will be ready for market.
This weekend was fun, although I did a lot of "work." (I feel guilty calling it that, because stitching and designing hardly SEEMS like work, although it is.) Last night, I pulled out a 15-year-old Prairie Schooler pattern with a birdhouse on it, and a verse (it's one of the Garden Samplers, I believe), and my ring of Sampler Threads, and started stitching it on 40 count natural linen with various colors of over-dyed threads. Will post a picture once I make more progress.