Friday, September 4, 2009

Sarah Woodham and other news...


The frame came in today for the Sarah Woodham sampler (the original is pictured above). My model stitcher (and great friend), Kathy, stitched the reproduction in about a month -- it was over 25,000 stitches, and it's gorgeous.

I didn't realize until I got it back that the original is stitched on an unevenweave linen, so although the original is square, the reproduction is taller than it is wide. R&R is dyeing me lots of the Olde Towne Blend in 40 count, and I've got silks hanging at the shop ready for my customers. But first, I've got to stitch in two more words and two little birds that I left off of the chart (the birds were intentional; the words were not.)

Today I finished printing the charts for the Jenny Bean Pin Tuffet, which is a companion piece to the Jenny Bean Halloween Sampler. I used the most adorable Shaker Pin Cusuhion from Sudberry House. I designed, stitched, finished and printed that chart in less than a week. The finishing was a breeze (took about ten minutes). And yes, I did use my hot glue gun. And yes, I did burn myself. Just Another Button Company designed me some exclusive pins to put in this. There are three "Funeral Rose" pins, and a swirl and a checkered circle. All are tea-dyed. I'll post a picture here on the blog soon.

So, now I have to decide which of my old samplers to reproduce next. I know I'll be designing another Jenny Bean sampler, too. Oh, oh, and I've ordered envelopes and will be printing notecards with pictures of samplers from my own collection to sell at market and in the shop.

Since there's always so much to do right around market, I generally don't sleep well. I have been up too, too early all week. I was designing a Noel Pin Garden this morning at 5:30. No rest for the wicked? The weary? Well, not for me, anyway.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Theresa, welcome to the blog world! I am so excited that you have created a space where we can come visit and see what you are working on.

Sarah is just beautiful!

Enjoy your weekend.

Cari

Katrina said...

I am so happy to see you have a blog! And I can't wait for Sarah Woodham to come out. I already have it on my market list for my LNS owner.

Glenna said...

Welcome! I can't wait for Sarah Woodham either--I keep checking your store to see if you've shown a picture of it yet.

Faye said...

Welcome to blogging!~ It is addictive..lol..Love your website and now look forward to following your blog!!Keep up the great work! Faye
carolinastitcher.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

Love your web site and now I love the blog! You stay so busy - I admire how you do it all! I can't wait to see the new Sarah Woodham!

Deb said...

Great decision to start a blog Theresa. Can't wait to see the Sarah Woodham. Don't forget to have a rest!

AuntSuze said...

Beautiful sampler! This is absolutely going on my wish list. Could you tell us what specialty stitches it has in it, if any?

Theresa said...

There are some specialty stitches -- eyelets go all of the way around the verse, which is stitched over-one. Then there are a few backstitches here and there, and some neat feathery-fan type stitches on two of the flower bunches. I put it in the frame today, and framed it REALLY tight (as they used to do back in the day.) It looks spectacular!

wnnka said...

I'm so happy you started a blog. Since you mentioned blogs that you frequent once in your newsletter, I've been hooked on them. It's all your fault! Just kidding, I'm glad you've joined the ranks, good move. Susan C -Texas

Mary said...

Congrats on your blog and also on Sarah. She is gorgeous and I can't wait to get her!!!
The frame is perfect for her, great choice!