Yesterday I spent much of the day graphing Jane Philpott's Adam & Eve Sampler from 1837, and made very good progress. It's always fabulous to really dig into a sampler and find all of the little hidden gems, mistakes, compensations, and subtle color changes. Jane had lovely tension, and for a ten-year-old, did very well completing a sampler with a LOT of motifs.
I've been teaching Graham a little here and there about how I do things (he's 13). He came in yesterday while I was at the computer and asked if I had found anything unusual. I told him I found one stitch with another color stitch right underneath it (a dark green one underneath a beige one). I showed it to him, and he thought it was interesting.
The border is complete, and I'm just about done with the bottom third of the interior design (including old Adam & Eve). The tough part is just about done -- the rest should be much easier. I have a model stitcher all lined up, and the plan is to release this one for market in February.
By the way, our new kitten's name is Lucy Boo -- we couldn't decide on which of the two names to use, so you can call her Lucy, or you can call her Boo, but you can't call her Mr. Johnson.