Thursday, November 19, 2009

Noel, Noel, Noel


Here are three little pinkeeps/ornaments that I stitched this year and finished recently. They're all designs by Blackbird Designs. The one on the top is in their newest book, Joyeux Noel, the one on the lower left is from the Just Cross Stitch ornament issue a few years ago, and the one on the right is from another collection book of theirs, and now I can't remember which one. But I just noticed as I was taking the picture that they all say "Noel." Did you know that one of the meanings of "Noel" is a shout of joy because of the birth of Jesus?

Will be spending much of today at the computer writing invoices and listening to tunes. The sun came back out, and the air is crisp and fallish. I'm starting to post things on etsy again (you can find me at www.shakespearespeddler.etsy.com). You won't find more there than you'd see on my web site, but I'm trying to catch a new audience -- aka hip young crafters. I have already bought several of my Christmas gifts on etsy. If you're looking for something hand-made, one of a kind, unusual, and just right, that's your place. Soooo much to see, you could spend days just looking.

I purchased some needle felting supplies last week on etsy, too, and am waiting for those to come in. I watched a tutorial on YouTube (there are LOTS), and it looks like a lot of fun. Hopefully I won't manage to stab myself too many times with the felting needles.

3 comments:

stitchenmylifeaway said...

Oh I love thes. I did the 09 one on a little box for my LNS. It was a fun stitch. I'll have to look up the others to add to my wish list.
Shay

Theresa said...

I didn't mention that I actually sanded the fabric on the BACKS of these ornaments (Barb at Blackbird told me that Alma does that). It makes your fabric feel and look old. Just a light sanding. I sanded on the pink ribbon on the one on the top, too, so it'd look worn/shabby.

Nicole said...

Wow, they are all beautiful Theresa! Congrats on three great finishes! :)