Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Elenor Ferrow Sneak Peek

Hooray! And dang it! I got a model in the mail this morning from a model stitcher (thanks, Kathy!), and I stretched it, so I could photograph it and put it up on the blog while I wait for my frame to come in.

But, I left the camera on overnight, and it's dead.

Then I remembered my iPhone will take pictures, and at least I've got a little sneaky peeky for you -- I'll post a BETTER picture tomorrow, along with the original. I bought the original about two years ago for about $75.00 on eBay, but I have to tell you, the original is ... interesting. The sampler was stitched in 1842 in wools in shades like, oh, magenta, purple, black, avocado/slimy green, etc. And although I thought the DESIGN was cute, the colors had to go.

Part of what I liked about this one was the pagoda at the bottom and that little shepherdess with her dog. Kathy said it was fun to stitch, and she got it done in about a week. It's stitched on 32 ct. Natural Belfast linen, and in case you want to start kitting it up, here are the threads I had her use:

Sampler Threads: Chamomile, Mulberry (2), Piney Woods, Apple Cider, Onyx, Cinders (2), Tarnished Gold

Weeks Dye Works: Cinnabar, Rust, Terragon, Hazelnut, River Rock, Taupe, Angel Hair (2)

The finished size on 32 count is about 12 1/2 by 9 inches. I hope you like it! I'll be releasing it in about a week.

As long as I was loading pics off my phone I wanted to share this one of our dear Ruby. She never has much to say, but one evening this spring when we were grilling salmon, she wanted to remind us, without words, that she wasn't against hand-outs...you know...whenever the fish was ready.

13 comments:

Nicky said...

Oh I am glad it is not that she was on the menu! sorry just couldn't resist - my cats like to dine at the same time as us too!

marly said...

The sampler is great and Ruby's pic is a riot!

Tricia said...

I love your new sampler, and those colors - Miss Elenor was thrilled to be using all those colors! She probably had to wear black every day to school. And about those kitties - I keep telling my girls NO PETS! But every time I show up here, I want to take one home. I've got to stop visiting so much.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Little Ruby made me smile, it is so like a cat to do this. She looks so serious too.

Tedra said...

Oh can I identify with this pic (of Ruby on the plate) - Bailey invites himself to every meal I cook (Chessie too although she is a little more ladylike about it!)!

Penny said...

Boy does the picture of Ruby on the plate look familiar. I have a cat that does the same thing and you had better not be foolish enough to try and move her. Love the pagoda shaped building. Can't wait for the sampler.

Anonymous said...

I love your kitty stories and pictures. It does appear as though dear Ruby's throne is someones dinner plate!! Love the new sampler too!
Brenda

Sharon said...

Theresa, please stop tempting me with these fabulous designs! Love this one. Will definitely be getting, my wallet is never going to recover!

Love Ruby, I hope she got a treat for being so darn cute!

Unknown said...

Please for Christ sake help this poor boy from Haiti.

Kathy K said...

Well???? Did Ruby get any fish???? I sure hope so!!!

Gabi said...

Love the new sampler. It's looking gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Great Sampler~! And tell Ruby that assertive women usually get fish! Pat

Sherry :o) said...

Ruby looks absolutely ready for dinner!