Saturday, August 20, 2011

Safe travels and speedy stitching

The supplies for the Ann Dale Sampler (above) are going out to my model stitcher today. Chris Canaday stitched my Jane Philpott Sampler last year (and did a fabulous job.) Here's Jane, if you forgot what she looks like:

Now, for Ann Dale's Sampler, that one will be released THREE ways. The first, the one Chris is stitching, is the bottom portion of the sampler -- the main circle tree, all of the swans, dogs, eggs, trees, flowers, as well as the cartouches (cartouchi?) with the verse and the line with her name. I have wrapped the strawberry border around the top of it, and put in, as filler, and just because I like it so much, the red carnation-type border that is underneath the longer verse on the full sampler. It is going to be a stunner.

I also am releasing the graph as the ENTIRE thing. You'll get the chart to stitch the whole sampler with a picture of the original sampler on the front. I wanted to have a model stitcher work the smaller (smaller, ha!) sampler, so people could see what it looks like with the modifications (the border change.)

And, I'll release the urns in the sampler as a separate little bound (somehow) booklet. These would make great ornaments and needlework smalls.

When will it be ready? Well...it'll be ready when it's ready. Chris is speedy (and now retired), but I want her to enjoy herself and not feel rushed. I will post updates from Chris as I get them. (Those of you who know Chris can poke her from time to time to keep her going.) But the booklet, the smaller sampler and the entire reproduction will be released simultaneously. When they're ready. This fall. I promise!

Just to tempt you a little bit, and show what a stickler I am when it comes to color selections, above is a picture of the supplies Chris will be getting in the mail (on top of the original sampler.) The fabric is 40 ct. Vintage Pear by Lakeside Linens (it is almost a dead-on match for the original fabric.) The stitch count for this piece is 400 by 245. (The smaller sampler is this small...ha ha!) The large sampler's stitch count is at home, but it'll be 400 wide, and about 600+ tall. The entire sampler will fit on a half yard of 40 ct. Pear; the smaller sampler will fit on a quarter yard of 40 ct. Pear. You're going to need larger cuts if you change the size upwards.

Here's a supply list for the bottom samplers. QUANTITIES ARE UNKNOWN at this point. I just want you to see the colors and what you can start ordering/accumulating. I avoided Au Ver a Soie this time, although I love it, because there were backorder problems with Ann Grant. This sampler, judging by preorders, is going to be HUGE in terms of how many people want this one. I don't want people to be without silks. The over-dyed silk companies will be informed about these well in advance.

Needlepoint Silks: 756, 692, 987, 871, 203, 505, 348, 335, 242, 633, 155A, 976, 635, 991

Belle Soie: Wheatgrass

Gloriana: Holly Berry and Vanilla

I also tried to keep over-dyed silks to a minimum, as they are expensive. But the original has some fading/striping that looks like over-dyed floss, and these colors were closest to the original. I WILL be doing a DMC conversion for those of you who prefer cotton floss.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update. I will keep everyone posted as the process continues, as I know so many of you are planning your winter stitching around Miss Ann's sampler.

Have a great weekend! I'll be stitchin'!

18 comments:

Gabi said...

Oh my gosh...I am SO in love with Ann Dale. Can't wait until she gets released.

SharoninStitches said...

Now I have two needles threaded and ready to go! This is positively thrilling!

Cindy said...

This is beautiful. I love all reproduction samplers, but i particularly love the red in this one. Can't wait until its ready for release, but your stitcher should enjoy herself.

Jenny said...

I'm so excited to stitch Ann Dale's sampler. Thank you so much for the update!! The colors and linen are absolutely stunning.

CalamityJr said...

This is going to be sooo beautiful!

JennR said...

Sigh. I was going to be very good and not get another big needlework project (as I achieved SABLE at least a decade ago), but this one may have worn me down. It's gorgeous!

Koala said...

She's gorgeous. Can't wait :-)

GingerCat said...

I am so looking forward to this one! Keep the updates coming please!

Debby said...

Wow! She's beautiful! Can't wait to stitch her.

Greetings from Debby

Sherry :o) said...

Oh Theresa, love, LOVE both Ann Womack and Ann Dale. Part of me wants to tell you faster, keep going...the wallet part - stop. But goodness, certainly the keep it coming part far outweighs the wallet part. Can't wait to see either. :-)

Anonymous said...

T, you have a great eye to spot beautiful samplers and for choosing the colors to reproduce them. I love the colors!
A huge 'thank you' for your help to answer all my questions concerning our found kittens. I really appreciate you taking the time to talk me through it :-)
Angela in Kentucky

diamondc said...

I love this new pattern thank-you for being so creative with recreating for us all.
Chris is an expert stitcher I am so envious of her work she goes to some of the same stitch-ins that I go to, I always admire her work.
Catherine
diamondc

Kirby said...

I swore I was going to finish something (ANYTHING) before I started another HUGE project, but since I did not put it in writing and have it notarized, it doesn't count. RIGHT? Will one skein of each silk be enough for THE WHOLE THING!? I am too excited. Thank you for such a gorgeous piece!

PS - How's Zero?

Katrina said...

Really gorgeous and the colors are just yummy!!!! I so appreciate that you consider the cost and used a mix of NPI and overdyes. Time to start collecting my supplies :-).

Kielrain said...

Oh my golly. That is going to be a stunner. I can't wait!!!

Kerri said...

I have been patiently waiting for more news on Ann Dale and now will start saving to kit her up.

I am all in for all 3 releases. I think those flower urns are stunning and am planning on using them on my stitching journal.

thanks for keeping us posted! Can't wait to see the final model.

woolwoman said...

Anne Dale is so stunning Theresa - you have wonderful plans for offering snippets of her if people do not want to do the entire huge repro. I love that you included some overdyed silks when appropriate and it's really too bad you could not consider AVAS - it is my favorite solid colored silk but understandable with the back order issues. NPI is reliable and *ALMOST* as good in my opinion.
Jane Philpott (sigh) now where is that girl hiding - must go and dig her out. Cheers! Melody

Terri M said...

Pins and needles, I'm tellin' ya!!!