Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A new reproduction and a new sampler for my fold

"Ann Womack: 1838." I called a designer friend of mine yesterday to ask her something, and while we were chatting, I saw this sampler go up on eBay for a buy-it-now price of $200. I quickly bought it. It's already on its way to me. The two pictures the seller had up were TERRIBLE, but I can tell you it is all one color (red), it is about 13 3/4 by 14 inches, and I THINK it's American. I cleaned up the better of the two photographs, but this is as clear as I could manage. I can't wait to see it. Aren't you jealous? (Yes...this will go in the "to be reproduced" file.)

Here is Elenor Ferrow's original sampler from 1842. As you can see...it's...um, interesting. The colors aren't too swell. It's in tough shape. Lots of fading, thread loss. But, I liked this sampler, and got it for a song. I saw the potential in the DESIGN of it, and so, I reproduced it, then switched the colors. And this is what I got:

I will post a picture soon of what it looks like all framed (as soon as the frame comes in.) The supply list (threads, fabric) are in the previous post. I will be releasing this one VERY SHORTLY. If you'd like to get on the automatic list to get this chart when it arrives, you can sign up by ordering through my web site or sending me an e-mail. Please do not place orders in the comments section. Happy stitching!

8 comments:

Gabi said...

LOVELY!!!! I'm so very tempted now.

SharoninStitches said...

I am positively drooling over Anne Womack! Can't wait! Love how you've changed Elenor's colors. Will go on my "to do" list!

Jenny said...

I love them both! Once again, you have wonderful taste in samplers. Speaking of.......any news as to an eta on Ann Dale?

GingerCat said...

I wish I had your patience for charting!

Now if I could only win the lottery and simply stitch as much as I like.......

marly said...

You got yourself a real deal on Ann Womack - and you won't have to try to match all those colors when charting!

diamondc said...

Very nice.
Catherine

Lynn said...

Great new sampler find! I look forward to seeing this one reproduced.
Elenore Farrow's sampler colours are definitely different. I love how you've switched them up!

Sherry :o) said...

Like the look of the new sampler, on it's way to you. I can't wait to see it and read the saying. Elenor is sweet!