Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Whoopsie-Doodles! Ann Dale Correction Alert

Hey guys,

I have had a few eagle-eyed stitchers find what should have been a glaring mistake to me regarding the Ann Dale reproduction sampler. I charted one of the zig-zag borders at the top of the chart zagging in the wrong direction! My apologies! While the sampler would be fine stitched as-is (and I surely would have had my model stitcher do it that way, too), I understand if you want a correction.

If you would like me to send you the correction, I will send it in the mail. I was going to put it online, but it would have been a pretty big file. To get a hard copy of the correction, send an e-mail to xspeddler@yahoo.com. In it, I will need your name and address and the name of the shop where you purchased your pattern. Thanks for your understanding. There were 65,000 stitches in this baby, and after looking at it for such a long time, I think my eyeballs must have gone on strike. The correction does go the whole way across, but you are not getting a new copy of the entire chart. This is a two-page correction you'll get in a standard sized envelope.

Thanks, and keep stitchin'!

7 comments:

Annette-California said...

Thank you Theresa for giving us the heads up:) Even if I already stitched this part, I just might keep it as is. It will just be fine (I'm thinking). I'll let you know once I get the copy of correction. thank you for this update. It's a GORGEOUS sampler (Ann Dale).

Koala said...

I tried hard to find any "mistakes" and failed :-)) I'm going to continue stitching as it is - well, it's a Sampler, it can have mistakes, it's not necessarily symmetrical. Theresa, i think it's just fine and does not need any corrections , to be honest.

daisy said...

I HAVE ALREADY STITCHED MOST OF THE 2 TOP BORDERS AND I DON'T THINK I AM GOING TO RIP AS IT LOOKS FINE AND IF ANYONE NOTICES IT WILL OKAY AS I AM SURE WHEN THEY ORIGINALLY STITCHED EVERYTHING WASN'T ALWAYS PERFECT.THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW DAISY

woolwoman said...

OH my - well - I am surely not pulling out - I am almost 1/2 way across doing the 2 red wave and the green flower borders at the same time. it is what it is but thanks for the heads up. Melody

Anonymous said...

I HAVE STITCHED THE ENTIRE BORDER. NOT ONLY IS THE TOP ROW WRONG BUT SO IS THE ENTIRE RIGHT SIDE OF THE INSIDE BORDER. I AM HEART BROKEN OVER THIS!!! I DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE THE DESIRE TO CONTIUNE AS I AM AFRAID OF WHAT ELSE MAY BE WRONG.

diane said...

I don't facebook, but I did read that there is facebook page keeping track of all of the errors with fixes - Sampler World. One of the ladies at the HDF cite is keeping up and says that she'll post a list later. I had not planned to start mine right away, so I'm not frustrated, but this might help you as you stitch.

Bonnie said...

I bought Ann Dale and, after printing off all the corrections, I am afraid to tackle it. Have you considered re-charting and swapping out the sold charts that are in error? Quite an expensive chart for all the errors.